Wednesday, January 04, 2006

DGA Predictions

I think it's going down like this: CLOONEY -GNaGL * HAGGIS -Crash * LEE -Brokeback * MANGOLD -Walk the Line * SPIELBERG -Munich. Only because it's indicative of what I think will be the best picture nominations. (It'd be cool if Munich was a shut-out --I usually love the anointed whole year frontrunner to be dissed, because it proves that it's actually not a preordained contest --but let's not get too excited about the PGA snub. There's still SAG and DGA and all the guilds to go).
The only locks are Clooney and Lee. And it's crazy to have only two locks at this point for DGA.

In that lineup I am least confident about MANGOLD & SPIELBERG. But honestly the lineup could just as easily include CRONENBERG (hoorah. crossing my fingers) -A History of Violence, or MEIRELLES -Constant Gardener or HOWARD (blech but the DGA loves him) -Cinderella Man or ALLEN (welcome back) -Match Point . But what do I know. Nothing. This year is deliciously competitive. And it's crazy to have so many competitors still in the hunt. The only people that seem to be in the race that I feel confident will not be nominated are MILLER for Capote and JACKSON for King Kong. But these other 9 men are all strong possibilities for tomorrow's announcement. Crazy year, right?

9 comments:

John T said...

I'm going with Clooney, Lee, Mangold, Spielberg, and Meirelles as the odd man in. I have a sneaking suspicion that Allen could be number five (but one would have assumed that the WGA would have nominated him, as he has been adored by them in the past), but I'm going with Meirelles. If it's Cronenberg, he gains the Best Director without a Best Picture nomination (which you, I believe guessed in April-bravo on that).

Glenn Dunks said...

On my blog I believe I predicted Allen, Clooney, Haggis, Lee and Spielberg with Peter Jackson as the alternate. Although I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see either Miller, Cronenberg or Meirelles in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Lee, Spielberg, Allen, Cronenberg, and... hrm... Meirelles. All director's directors. None of those sissy actors or screenwriters getting in there.

The Crash man's name is "Haggis", btw...

Nick M. said...

Oh please don't let Haggis get nominated for direction!

adam k. said...

To "right"... um, Allen is a screenwriter, fyi.

Joe R. said...

For sure my reticence toward Crash's awards chances comes from my not liking it all that much. So I'm really, really hoping Haggis doesn't make the cut. I can live with a SAG nod, if only because I thought the acting bailed out the script (WGA - gah) and the film as a whole (PGA - bah).

The more I think about that movie, the more it bugs.

NATHANIEL R said...

i should mention that when it comes to my preferred choices (that is the people who actually have a prayer in hell) i'm really hoping for CLOONEY, ALLEN, LEE, CRONENBERG, and for the last slot MILLER or JACKSON...

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! rhinoplasty + new orleans la discover card site map Hermosa beach rosacea treatments Volusia county bextra lawyers Gratuit voyeur Doctors who prescribed bontril - florida Infiniti g20 stereo removal area rug stores Impotence fucking Nude pamela anderson photo Kenmore+washers sex erotik alfa romeo spider photos Missouri sex offenders registry Propecia identikit Mon colle knights hentai Tooth wembley whitening Advice dating sex

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Lake county federal tax liens Alabama gadsden accutane legal Lexus ls430 boot panel