Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Emergency Call to the President

great moments from the cinema


Lionel Mandrake: I'm perfectly seriously, operator, the president! Yes, the President of the United States. I'm sorry. I haven't got enough change. Could you--could you make this a collect call, operator? Just one second.

They won't accept the call. Have you got 55 cents?

Colonel: You don't think I'd go into the Congo with loose change in my pocket do you?

Lionel Mandrake: Operator, look is it possible to make this an ordinary --ordinary trump cal--well, what do you call it? You know oh...station to station? Oh blast! I'm still 20 cents short.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
can you say something about The Life before her eyes ? If you could praise Uma I'd be very glad lol

Anonymous said...

My favourite moment from that Kubrick masterpiece? The President of the United States calling the Russian President.

Anonymous said...

OMG I just saw this last night for the first time in 20 years! My sweetie on the other hand had never seen it, although she's in her 50's.

Greatness - I'd forgotten how fantastic George C Scott was in it.

RedSatinDoll