Friday, April 11, 2008

When Did This Guy Get Famous?

A paparazzi puzzlement
MYSTERY SOLVED -(thanks Film Junkie!) The paparazzi and the IMDB have this guys photo / name sometimes in the wrong place. This is Christian Oliver (not Olivier), a German actor.

This is, apparently, Christian Olivier. This is him at three different Hollywood events this month alone (we're only 11 days in). The paparazzi have suddenly decided he is famous. How did they come to this collective agreement? I've been to a few red carpet events and they never suddenly decide that I am famous. The flashbulbs don't go off. ;) I know I risk ridicule if he is someone I should know but I'm stumped. According to the IMBD he has only played himself on French television and appeared in one short film. Why is he famous? Google searches do not uncover this mystery. They reveal a famous 40something balding musician (not him) a computer scientist from Belgium (not him) and other assorted businessmen. Maybe French readers could help out here. It's of no particular importance but I saw his picture three times in the same day, which would usually indicate a big name.

4 comments:

Benji said...

Question: Are Christian Olivier and Christian Oliver the same persons?
Because Christian Oliver is a German actor who has done quite a bit on German TV and had some minor Hollywood roles, such as Cate Blanchett's husband in "The Good German". He is apparently in "Valkyrie" and "Speed Racer" as well...

NATHANIEL R said...

aHA. so the paparazzi and the IMDB are titling his photos wrong.

cuz yes. i think this is Christian Oliver!

Benji said...

This is indeed weird. What's going on at IMDb? Does Christian Olivier actually exist?

Though still no reason to consider him "famous". But he does make a nice picture, so I won't complain ;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's any consolation, Nathaniel, but I'm German and he's not that famous there either.
That's, I knew the face, not the name...
Weird.