Thursday, April 17, 2008

Orlando Bloom NOT Beaten To Death By GoGo Yubari

Orlando Bloom, once beloved for his elvish acrobatics in The Lord of the Rings has been a favorite online punching bag since about the days of Troy (I still maintain he played that role correctly and honestly... which is why people hated him in the movie and thereafter, poor guy). But in Japan he's not being beaten up. He's been handed truckloads of paper for shilling hair gel "Uno". He started doing this last year but if it's news to me, it's news to some of you.


In the first short commercial below he escapes from bad guys with lame disguises involving a fake moustache and lots of hair gel. Uno is apparently as good a disguise as Clark Kent's 'you can't tell I'm Superman' nerd glasses.

"Hi-iiiiii"

In the second very long commercial (geez, I'd hate to watch TV in Japan) he romances Chiaki Kuriyama better known as GoGo "you call that begging?" Yubari from Kill Bill.



Miraculously Orlando survives! She doesn't swing a giant mace at him, doesn't dart him, doesn't gut him when he makes a pass. Nothing. Doesn't even make him beg for it.


GoGo has totally lost her edge!
*

6 comments:

Joe Reid said...

"a favorite online punching bag since about the days of Troy (I still maintain he played that role correctly and honestly... which is why people hated him in the movie and thereafter, poor guy)"

God, yes. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Chiaki Kuriyama in Battle Royale?

THE DOSRAIDER APPRECIATION SOCIETY said...

Bloom is hocking cars in Thailand at the moment I noticed. Honda I think. Is he doing that in your neck of the woods too?

Anonymous said...

Nah, Bloom gets "hated" cuz he's like the worst actor, ever. Yes, even worse than the likes of Paul Walker, Ryan Philippe, and Ashton Kutcher. He's like the male equivalent of the Jessicas (Alba & Biel).

NATHANIEL R said...

Lulu --I have not seen him doing any commercials stateside... except those Gap commercials several years ago.

I yam sheba -- ya think? I don't see it. I'm not saying he's a great actor. But he definitely has more than 5 facial expressions... which is more than a lot of the bimbos who get regular work have. And I think he's DEFINITELY a better actor than say Hayden Christensen. Probably on par with the actors you cited.. i.e. he can handle the limited range of the roles he's given but he's not a spectacular thespian ;) and I prefer him to Phillipe personally... though they both could definitely use more "spark" when they have to carry movies by themselves.

Niki said...

Orlando was recently on the London stage and will begin filming a new movie (a remake actually, if I remember correctly) this September with Liam Neeson and Chow Yun Fat.