Friday, April 25, 2008

Hugh Jackman Pinches Himself. In a Manly Way!

Hugh Jackman's adamantium claws won't be onscreen again till 2009, but watch more and more Wolverine news litter the internet while we wait and wait... and wait. Here's a good snippet from Moviehole. Hugh doesn't want the kid who plays Wolverine as a youngster (Kodi Smit-McPhee) on the web because it's too full of pre-release speculation and movie expectations. Um, Hugh... he's 12. He's already running rampant online.

Wolverine, pinstriped @ 12 (Kodi Smit-McPhee) and @ 39 (Hugh Jackman)

The quote on Australia is also of note and goes like this
Recently I saw another five minutes, and I just pinch myself I'm a part of it. It's an amazing moment for Australian film. Fingers crossed we can pull off the ambitions being set
Aside from the visual of Jackman touching himself (OK, pinching isn't that sexy but it's Jackman -- shut up!) it's nice to see some honesty in sound bite interviews. There's both excitement, pride and a little worrying in there. As well there should be.

Yes, I'm too obsessed with Australia. Help me!

Incidentally, the apparently pin-stripe loving Kodi Smit-McPhee already played son to Eric Bana in Romulus My Father (for which the young actor won big raves) and before Wolverine (or after depending on release strategies) you'll see him as Viggo Mortensen's son in the upcoming adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road. Quite a collection of father figures this kid is amassing with just three years in the biz.

3 comments:

gabrieloak said...

I saw the kid in question in Romulus My Father. He's a very good, natural actor and made that very ponderous movie more tolerable.

Catherine said...

I'm enjoying all the Australia hype, keep it up! I cannot wait for this film, it actually crept into my dream last night as a trailer before a showing of a new film starring Jennifer Lopez as a zany bride-to-be, amongst animated chipmunks. The film was directed by Tom Waits, who was using the name "Wet Thomas" to disguise his true identity. But I cracked it and sat there feeling so disheartened that Tom Waits had directed this film.

Glenn said...

Peter O'Brien (from the UK Queer as Folk amongst many other things) is apparently playing Wolverine's father. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

God, Hugh is so drool-worthy.