Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cape Link

cinema
stale popcorn is counting down the 00s in a comprehensively personal way. Love it
92nd Street Y are you going to the Grease 2 Sing-along?
serious film wonders what film might eventually throw Citizen Kane from its "greatest" throne
hot blog James Cameron discusses science in his science fiction. I love this bit
Asked whether the Alien or a Na'vi would win a fight, Cameron's answer was, "Sigourney (Weaver) would win."
Heh and duh!


/film Ang Lee and the Life of Pi in 3-D
thompson on hollywood talks with Annette Bening about her awards-contender roles in Mother and Child and The Kids Are All Right
natashavc young hollywood '98 fetal flashback: Reese & Ryan
movies kick ass talks up Oscar's 1964 Best Actor race with friends

small screen diversion
critical condition a great thinky piece on Glee's Madonna episode
i need my fix an evening with Glee
what's good... let's hear it for Jonathan Groff's agent
newnownext rich from fourfour visits the set of RuPaul's Drag Race. Lengthy interesting piece with wonderful photos

back to big
Finally, I just wanted to draw your attention to a great reunion pic: Juliette Lewis and Robert DeNiro at the Tribeca Film Festival!


DeNiro showed up at the party for Juliette's latest pic Metropia (she's not in it -- sigh -- just voicework). I mean seeing these two together again is just bananas. The last time I saw them together Juliette was sucking on Bobby's thumb. Which was also bananas. In both connotative senses of the fruit.


At the risk of embarassing one of my best friends, I must ask that if you ever meet Nick Davis you demand to hear his Juliette/Cape Fear voice. It's so unnervingly spot on that the first time he did it for me it made me love both him and Juliette more. And I didn't think I could in either case! So while I'm spreading the link love, please note that Nick is still on his best actress tear having recently written up performances by Ann-Margret, Jane Wyman, Talia Shire and, most controversially, Maggie Smith. Read 'em.

6 comments:

Stella said...

I love you just for that link to Jonathan Groff. I'm just glad you're aware of his existence.

NATHANIEL R said...

stella -- i love my broadway babies!

Michael said...

I was so jazzed to be linked, but now I'm just jealous Stale Popcorn thought of that great countdown instead of me.

NicksFlickPicks said...

"So you're the one who's been coming around the house? You're the one who killed my mom's dog?"

I have to go take out my retainer for my phone-date with a serial killer. Mwah.

James T said...

I don't remember her voice in Cape Fear so I imagined her voice in Kalifornia speaking those words :p

Andrew R. said...

No one's ever going to beat Citizen Kane because no one has the balls to vote differently. (Don't get me wrong, it's a masterpiece, but it's such a cliched choice.)

Stale Popcorn's list is brilliant.