The Best/Weirdest Cannes Photo Buried On Nathaniel's Hard Drive
Quentin Tarantino affectionately attacks Kathleen Turner while Tilda Swinton, amused, seems to be conversing telepathically with the camera man.
I'd kill for a transcript of all Cannes jury deliberations, ever. So many crazy fabulous people, and such random groupings of the same each and every year. Oh, to be there in the heart of it all each May. This year's jury king is Tim Burton. Juliette Binoche is the light-painting official poster girl.
Important Names for this Year's Fest
- Tim Burton, Jury President (Competition)
Burton's Jury is composed of: Giovanni Mezzorgiorno (actress, Italy), Kate Beckinsale (actress, UK), Emmanuel Carrere (screenwriter, France), Benicio del Toro (actor, Puerto Rico), Victor Erice (director, Spain) and Shekhar Kapur (director, India). update: Some websites reported that Gael Garcia Bernal (actor/director/international-hottie) was on this jury but he's heading another jury instead.
- Claire Denis, Jury President (Un Certain Regard)
- Gael García Bernal, Jury President (Camera D'Or... which honors first time filmmakers)
- Atom Egoyan, Jury President (Cinefondation)
Egoyan's jury is composed of: Emmanuelle Devos (actress/goddess, France), Dinara Droukarova (actress, Russia), Carlos Diegues (director, Brazil) and Marc Recha (director, Spain)
- Agnes Varda (to be honored with the Life Achievement Award)