Saturday, April 03, 2010

First and Last, Jeweled Thrones

the first image after the opening credits


and the last line before the closing credits
At length he sought adventure in distant lands and trod the jeweled thrones of the earth beneath his sandaled feet. Until at last he found his own kingdom and wore his crown upon a troubled brow.
Can you guess the movie?
Highlight for the answer: It's CONAN THE BARBARIAN starring Ahnuld
for all first and last puzzles, click the label below -- how many can you guess?
*

10 comments:

Janice said...

The man who would be king?

Anonymous said...

The Princess Bride?

I suck at these!

NATHANIEL R said...

nope and nope.

anon... i would suck at them too. but i love to torture y'all.

Volvagia said...

Highlander? It's just a stab because I haven't seen it but, well, I'll be excited if I'm right.

adelutza said...

conan the barbarian?

Robert Hamer said...

Damn, adelutza beat me!

NATHANIEL R said...

adelutza got it!

it's so hilarious that this is being remade.

Alex said...

I just watched conan the barb two weeks ago. Arnie has about 15 lines of dialogue the entire movie. Amazing

Chris Na Taraja said...

I would have never gotten that! I was leaning towards MASTER AND COMMANDER or THE NEW WORLD.

I heard the remake of CLASH OF THE TITANS leaves much to be desired. As I suspected, the classic is holding a place in peoples hearts rather than the new overblown CGI hollywood cracken fest.

Janice said...

Darn it. This is the first time I've ever even dared guess at one of these in this series. (Which is a sad comment, I suppose, on how many movies I haven't seen yet.)