Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Movie Mashups 2

Don't ask. [click on image to left to see it in full] I can't even pretend to know where this thought came from. Maybe, like Harper Pitt, I am just hallucinating Antarctica.

Previous Movie Mashup: Crash the Musical and last year's mixes.

Current Movie Mashup now playing at a theater near you? King Kong. How many movies does Jackson reference in this thing? I ask sincerely. Loved the unexpected shout out to Billy Elliott. Kong is great fun but Jackson apparently never got any notes of the "less is more" variety or "quit while you're ahead," etc... This one goes to eleven.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Billy Elliot. Excessively.
Now, I NEED to see KK. Anyway...

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

"like Harper Pitt"

LOL

Yaseen Ali said...

You just made an already-creepy poster even more disturbing.

I love it.

John T said...

Nathaniel, this is off topic, but we saw a preview of the FB Awards for Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, and Lead Actor, but where are lovely leading ladies?

Javier Aldabalde said...

nat how is naomi? and andy serkis? do they stand a chance at being nominated at the FB awards?

Poli said...

Looking forward to King Kong, but haven't seen Billy Elliot (I know, I know). Still, Nathaniel, I tend to like the movies you like (with a few notable exceptions) so I'd love to know how you felt about it.

____
For You Consideration in all Film Bitch categories: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

NATHANIEL R said...

oscar updates happen on friday.
new oscar article up tomorrow in joe reid's space.

and lots more stuff coming.

yeehaw

Glenn Dunks said...

I'll be disappointed, personally, if King Kong gets Watts a nomination. Hell, I'll be disappointed if Jackson and the film do as well. This really shouldn't go any further than the techs.

Check out my rambled word vomit about the movie over on my blog.

http://kamikazecamel.blogspot.com/

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh, and Billy Elliot? One of my all-time faves. Love it to bits, so much so that Jamie Bell was my favourite part of King Kong, lol.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »