Monday, March 17, 2008

Links: Jackman, Pfeiffer, Miss Jean Brodie

Planet Fabulon is one year old, today. Soon it'll be out of diapers! [NSFW]
Buzz Sugar celebrates Irish men for St. Patrick's Day
Fox Searchlight first look at the unknown actor cast as the Notorious B.I.G. for the biopic
Circus Hour Halle Berry had a baby girl
By Ken Levine a fun post that hopefully will help some of you Juno haters reconsider. 'What if a major had gotten a hold of Juno in the scripting stage?'
Nick revisits the 1997 Best Actress race
Towleroad John Krasinski is glad you can find him naked on the internet

Just Jared has Hugh Jackman and family at the beach (right, much more there). Again. They sure do spend a lot of time at the beach. This just in: I've now seen Jackman's wife Deborra-Lee Furness in two movies recently (Jindabyne and Sleepwalking) and am duly impressed with her acting skill. More please.
six things is in its prime. Just like Miss Jean Brodie!
Hollywood Reporter
Cheri is really going to move forward (see: prev post) It'll FINALLY mark a return to prestige drama with a real director for Miss Michelle Pfeiffer. That's been a long time coming... like 10 years at least.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at those guns on Jackman! and that chest! and those legs! yummmm :-)

Anonymous said...

John Krasinski!

Mattie Lucas said...

Miss Jean Brodie shout out!! OMG! One of my favorite movies (and books) ever! And it has my favorite actress, Maggie Smith! *swoons from happiness*

NATHANIEL R said...

matthew, you'll want to see this old post then.

Anonymous said...

So glad for Pfeiffer. Can she win in 2010 ? I hope so, but even if she does she'll probably retire anyways. She's THAT selfish !

Glenn Dunks said...

Glad to hear about Furness. She's and Anna SophiaRobb are the only real reasons I want to see Sleepwalking.

Pfangirl said...

Oooh, excellent news about Michelle. Finally something with a bit more artistic pedigree.

Anonymous said...

@ kamikaze camel

I'm sure you know La Theron is in it.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Tap-dancing Christ.

Hugh Jackman is insanely hot!

Anonymous said...

Hugh! Oh Christ, that body. Whew.

Mattie Lucas said...

Thanks Nathaniel,

My favorite scene has always been her monologue about Dante and Beatrice while she is showing slides of her trip to Italy. I get chills every time I see it. Maggie Smith is a goddess!

Glenn Dunks said...

Acapulco, yes and I'm a fan of Theron, but Furness gave one of the best supporting actress perf of this decade so far (in my eyes, obvs) so I really want to see where she goes. Plus, AnnaSophia Robb really impressed me in Bridge to Terabithia and I want to see what she does with this more mature material (not that Terabithia isn't mature, but you get the idea...)