Sunday, August 24, 2008

Movies About Movies. Love Them

Timetables have conspired against me. I really wanted to participate in Goatdog's Movies about Movies Blog-a-Thon which is now in progress. The entries so far cover a geographically wide and artistically varied array of cinema... everything from Federico Fellini through Spike Jonze and even Blake Edwards. My three favorite Movies about Movies are Singin' in the Rain, Sunset Blvd, and Purple Rose of Cairo and so far only Blvd has a write up. Right about now I'm pretending I just wrote "Don't Turn the Projector Off" (two year old post. Wheeee) so that Cairo could have been celebrated at this particular blog party.

Do you love movies about movies or do you think Hollywood ought not to be so self involved?
*

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I totally agree with you. Hollywood is best when it gets a little meta. I love all of the films on your list, but I'd say Adaptation might creep into my own top 3.

Anonymous said...

I know it's flawed, but I love Postcards from the Edge. Also, does Sullivan's Travels count?

John T said...

I'm shocked that A Star is Born doesn't make your Top 3 Nat.

NATHANIEL R said...

John T... it's top ten fer sure. but the other 3 are in my top 20 films of all time. so...

eric -- i lurve POSTCARDS too

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your top 20 films of all time, when do you think you'll be getting around to the next entry in your 100 Movies I Think About When I Think About the Movies series?

ABC