Friday, August 08, 2008

Taking the Express. Got the Munchies?

<-- James Franco at the premiere of Pineapple Express on Tuesday.

The big movie news today is that James Franco is hiking up his pants and trying once again to be a big star. Headlining Pineapple Express (trailer) with Seth Rogen might do the trick if early ecstatic reviews are honestly come by and not being typed within swirling puffing cannabis clouds.

JAMD has a bunch of photos from the star-studded premiere which I found amusing. Looking at photos of the stars who attended the NYC premiere I'm instantly judging their experiences with the mowie wowie and occassionally wishing that Mary Louise Parker and the cast of Weeds had all attended in character --love my entertaiment all mashedup and incongruously mingling as you know.

Not a potsmoker myself but I did inhale once ...okay, twice. And the second time I had the whole endless giggling, "shut up, I'm not high", munchy craving experience. And you?

But more importantly: Alicia Silverstone? Daniel Craig? Emile Hirsch?


How often does Clueless Alicia roll one?
Are James Bond's sunglasses covering tell-tale glassy eyes?
And Emile Hirsch... what munchies is he craving right this very second?

Your guesswork in the comments please.
*

8 comments:

As Tertulías said...

Great blog!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Rob said...

Okay, I'm ready to admit it... I find Emile Hirsch monumentally unappealing.

I've always found his skills wildly overpraised -- he's consistently "fine" -- he comes off as a vaguely douchey empty vessel on talk shows, and on top of everything, people inexplicably think he's hot.

Something about that grungy, bearded, I-just-got-high-in-my-limo photo just seems to epitomize all he brings to mind for me.

Trey said...

I think Alicia realizes that it is one thing to spark up a doobie and get laced at parties, but quite another to be fried all day!

Billy D said...

Do you see the distinction?

Billy D said...

She also knows that the loadies prefer the grassy knoll (over there). Sometimes they come to class and say bonehead things, and we all laugh, of course. But no respectable girl actually dates them.

Anonymous said...

can i ask why was alicia not nommed at the globes for comedy actress.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow did I think this movie was funny. But there's probably a good reason for that. It's nice to see James Franco getting positive reviews, though!

Seeing_I said...

Daniel Franco has got "it" as far as I'm concerned. In my alternate universe, he starred as a brooding, sexy Anakin Skywalker in all three Star Wars prequels, none of which sucked.