Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Film Experience Readers Celebrating Halloween

Several readers took up The Film Experience challenge and sent photos from their movie related Halloween costumes this past weekend. Cheers to them. Not only are TFE readers creative, movie obsessed and participatory... they're totally fetching in Halloween costumes!


Keelay went as a Camp Crystal Lake counsellor. I imagine he was very popular with any holiday revellers who happened to be wearing that infamous hockey mask. Love the tube socks. They scream summer camp.


That's Mickie and Mindy as Dallas (Bruce Willis) and Leeloo (Milla Jovovich) from 90s sci-fi extravaganza The Fifth Element. I recognized those orange-loving Gautier costumes instantly. We can only hope that one of their friends sang some technopera as the movie's best blue tentacled hair lady, the Diva Plavalaguna.


From there we race forward to the cinema of 2009. From top left we've got two Rorschachs from Watchmen. To your left is JoFo (with Lady Gaga in background. lol) who had originally planned on going as James Dean from Rebel Without a Cause until his brother lost his red leather jacket. Argh! Hate when that happens. To your right is Andrew who sent his pic with the text "Rorschach mask will not get in my way of beer" Ha! And then there's adorable Michael as adorable "Russell" from Up. I think the balloons were probably already at the party, but they provide a perfect backdrop for his costume.


Murtada, a loyal reader who I had the accidental pleasure to meet the night before Halloween (at a BINGO party of all places... I never go to those) says "Aladdin or Genie?", either way it becomes him.


And finally, Cory and girlfriend reenacted the great love affair of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? How fun. He makes her laugh. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Roger & Jessica Rabbit team on Halloween and it's beautifully done. I hope they played pattycakes when they won the costume contest that night. Well done.

Aren't these costumes great? Next year I'm totally going as a movie character. I just have to decide which one. So many choices...
*

13 comments:

Chris Na Taraja said...

Oh my, If Keelay was my camp couseler, i would have had such a summer crush. He's so cute and has nice legs! : )

Catherine said...

I'm definitely going to actually make an effort with a movie-themed Halloween costume next year. This post has inspired me! So cute.

My friend went as Jack Torrance from The Shining, complete with partially-hacked-through door. It was excellent!

Danny said...

Why is Michael Parsons so hot?

RJ said...

"Oh my, If Keelay was my camp couseler, i would have had such a summer crush. He's so cute and has nice legs! : )"

Mhmmmm.

NATHANIEL R said...

danny it is better not to question hotness but merely to be warmed by it

catherine what a great idea for a costume!

downbythewater said...

I went as Patrick Bateman haha, via the Jared Leto axing scene. People either knew who I was or called me Dexter. Either way, it was a Hallowin.

Danny said...

Nathaniel
You are right. And Michael has warmed me twice today. I thank him for that.

NATHANIEL R said...

Dig Dug... did you do the entire morning ritual complete with situps and facial peel? to get in the spirit. maybe played a few huey lewis tunes

JoFo said...

Hehehe. My friend as Gaga is going to love this glamour shot of her in the background being posted on the net.

My eyes look so pretty in that photo.

tanpoffel said...

If Keelay is still available... I'll have him, please.

Michael Parsons said...

I am blushing @ Danny. Thanks.... totally made my day.

Keelay! said...

Just saw this post! Happy my costume was on here, and happy you liked the socks Nat. Thanks for the nice comments guys, definitely made my day.

Cory Rivard said...

Thanks Nat!
We had the hottest patty-cake ever that night. Hot, steamy, patty-cake.