Thursday, September 30, 2010

September. It's a Wrap

We've arrived at the last quarter of the year. How odd. Just yesterday, I was traipsing through the snow at Sundance. In case you missed the goodies as summer changed to fall, here's a sampling of my personal favorite moments from the month that was.


Pandora's Box I love to get lost in the images of my second favorite silent
Love... (The Poster) reactions to Gyllenhaal and Hathaway and their fig leaves pillows
"nicole is angry at you" an actual e-mail received during TIFF
Take Three: Amanda Plummer Craig took on one of the cinema's liveliest fringe dwellers
Cast This: Gravity loved your reader suggestions to replace Angelina Jolie in Alfonso Cuarón's sci-fi epic. Natalie Portman is in final negotiations now but we had better ideas.

Unsung Heroes Michael's new series already brought us thought provoking episodes on Eternal Sunshine, Rob Roy, 25th Hour and Election. Can't wait to see what's next
Emma Stone gets an Easy A makes the high school honor roll
The Social Network my fav film from NYFF summed up in 7 words
Poetry my fav film from NYFF summed up in many more (I have two favs. I'm allowed two!)
Black Swan
Haunting
the mental loops when I can't see a movie I'm desperate for

Coming in October: Requiem for a Dream, Spartacus, Julie Andrews, Conviction, Hereafter, Things That Go Bump in the Night, Kristin Scott Thomas, How to Train Your Dragon, fun with zombies and much more.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Great Month. I have to know Nathaniel... what is your very favorite silent?

NATHANIEL R said...

THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC.

Robert said...

YAY! Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!