Remember that scene in The 40-Year-Old Virgin when that pudgy kid in Catherine Keener's shop just HAS to have those glittery purple (or was it pink?) thigh-high platform boots? She won't hand them over much to his dismay. She only sells through E-Bay. Sometimes I am that kid. I rarely shop so my coveted objects are found in movies. Which is a long way of saying: If you've been wondering what to get me for Christmas...
Objects / Gadgets I Most Covet from 2005 Movies
* Wallace & Gromit's elaborate mechanized system to take me out of bed, get me dressed, and deposit me at the kitchen table each morning. I love this because, well; simple laziness.
* I have no idea when exploding incense (as seen in Serenity) would come in handy but if you've got a few to spare...? Ideal stocking stuffer.
* Remember that priceless Buddha head artifact stolen from the village in Ong Bak: Thai Warrior? The one that caused all the fuss, the high kicks, the elaborate no-wire stunts all for its retrieval? That head I must have. I figure if it falls into my hands, there's no way Tony Jaa (pictured right) won't come looking for me --that being the real gift, you see. [Not so much a clever diabolical plan as a horny one]
* The wardrobe from The Chronicles of Narnia. It's not that I want to spend any more time there --but I would sure as hell drag my cat inside with me, for one good long chat. All the animals talk there. And my cat? Love him but he makes NO sense.
* I also wouldn't turn my nose up at the gift of Wayne Manor from Batman Begins. I don't have any use for armored cars or bat caves (ew) but a sprawling estate to hole up in? Sold. The deed will fit nicely into my stocking. please & thanks.
* And finally, if you chance upon it. I really MUST have that Magical Door Spinning Device from Howl's Moving Castle. It's got four settings. You just spin, open the door, and there you are, magically transported to one of four pre-determined locations. It may well be the coolest thing I've ever seen in a movie. It'd be a nightmare to actually settle on four places, though.
What do you want in your stocking?