Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Cat Blogging: Hey That's My Cat's Name!

A few years ago I started noticing that my name "Nathaniel" is not that uncommon anymore. Lots of kids are named that now. When I was a wee one I was the only Nathaniel amongst a sea of Davids, Johns, Seans, Toms, etc... But names come and go in popularity. So, today and because my familiar is never far away (in fact, he's sitting in a chair right next to me. He must like the sound of the keyboard). I wondered if other people name their cats Monty. It turns out they do! How rude.

Ah well, at least most of those cute & fuzzy felines aren't named after Montgomery Clift. So my kitten is still the most cinematically connected. And appropriately ill-tempered. Hey, he's just channeling a troubled soul. He's a method cat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That may be the single sexiest picture of a man I've ever seen in my life-my god Montgomery Clift is a hottie (the cat's cute too!)

adam k. said...

Sexyist picture of a man EVER? I dunno. It's quite sexy, but I can think of better ones. Though he does look a lot like my man Richard Beymer in it.

Nathan has always been relatively common, hasn't it? Are Nathan and Nathaniel two distinct names? They are both nice.

Glenn Dunks said...

I have two close male friends called Nathan and Nathalen.

...i don't have a point here.

meemsnyc said...

i always liked the nickname Nate.
http://ilovecatnip.blogspot.com