Friday, February 24, 2006

Idolatry

I try not to watch American Idol but it seems like each year someone ropes me in. At least for awhile. This year it's a combo of me pal Joe, doing those recaps (they're funny even if you don't watch the show. If you do watch, they're hilarious) and a certain Katharine McPhee (pictured here to your left).

I just love her. Also I hate her because I fear she will convince me to watch this time-sucking show. If it were like any other show it'd be fine but it basically wants to devour your soul. Hours and hours and hours a week. And within those hours: Long stretches of tedium and repetition. But as long as people watch they'll keep filling the time.

2 comments:

Andy Scott said...

Ah, Katharine! I love her. Not only is she gorgeous, she also has a kick ass voice.

But ugh! This semifinal crap is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. They should've just picked the final 12 in the Hollywood round.

Andy Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.