Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Keep Pointing You To Others But I Really Want You To Stay Here With Me.

* Alan of "Burbanked" picks at Keanu's brain. Funny. (You know how I love the movie mixing)

* Cinema Village , by way of Magnolia Pictures, is showing the Oscar nominated animated & live action shorts for one week only starting tomorrow. CV is a teensy movie theater --like the size of, say, my bedroom. So these tickets will sell out faster than any indie band.

* Jason makes me laugh out loud. spill drink. etc...

* "The Skandies" are in progress and you can find them @ D'Angelo's blog. These awards are named after Skander Halim (who wrote Pretty Persuasion). He used to travel (still does?) with this very exclusive invitation-only pack. (More b'ground if you wanna dig)

* Something I should have linked long ago: Dan Savage on Brokeback Mountain a must-read.

* Crunk & Disorderly on Terrence Howard's upcoming slate o' films. Best line: "...Hollywood only have one black actor now? I could've sworn we were up to eight."

5 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

God, i hope Jasper Morello wins Animated Short. That'd rock my world.

adam k. said...

Eight black actors? I can think of... let's see...

Terrence Howard, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Denzel, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman, and...

Hm. If we're talking male actors, those are the only big names I can think of... and only the first four are really "stars". So that's six.

Who am I missing?

adam k. said...

Unless of course you count TV people like Bernie Mac, etc. But I really am curious whether 8 was an arbitrary joke # or if there really are 8 extremely well-known balck film actors, cause really, I can only think of 6.

Sad.

Anonymous said...

What about big, starry black actresses?

American - I can only think of Halle Berry, Angela Bassett, Vivica A Fox, S Epatha Merkerson

British - Thandie Newton, Sophie Okonedo

It is a real shame, but are there any others I've glaringly missed?...

Glenn Dunks said...

Hopefully we'll be adding people like Chiwitel Ejiofor and Terrence Howard to that list soon. And, I do like Taye Diggs (who doesn't?)