Monday, May 14, 2007

20:07 ("Mrs. Stephen Haines")

Each morning a screenshot from the 20th minute and 7th second of a movie


The Roz: Stephen's a very attractive man, you know?
The First Lady of MGM: Isn't he? I can't imagine why he hasn't deserted me for some glamour girl long ago.

I've written about The Women before -- I love this flick. For those of you who haven't seen it in all its catty glory, enjoy this still. Ponder for a moment the 1939 fashion wackiness that led to Rosalind Russell's "eye" dress. Yes, those are eyes and eyebrows directly above her breasts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my all time favorites. Roz Russell's hats alone are worth the price of admission.

I love Joan Crawford in it, especially at the end, when she accepts her fate with a wise smile - "I guess it's back to the perfume counter." Don't worry about her, she's always going to land on her feet.