Wednesday, May 09, 2007

20.07 ("you have to believe we are magic")

Each morning a screenshot from the 20th minute and 7th second of a movie

Kira: Sounds like you don't believe it.
Michael: Well, with all that's happened to me today, to tell you the truth I don't.
Kira: You're right. It's too coincidental. Someone must be setting us up

Every time I watch this movie I wish I could roller skate. Not that anyone does that anymore... but in retrospect, don'cha know. But, like Olivia herself, I was never much of a skater. I had to run into people or things to actually stop. The same is unfortunately true for my ice skating skills which is more of a shame because ice skating is classic.

related article: personal canon #96 Xanadu
*

4 comments:

J.D. said...

Ah, the curse of the always-moving picture capturees. Dontcha love em?

Glenn Dunks said...

I had a bad accident ice skating once. I twisted my knee. It was, like,45 degrees outta whack. and then someone stood on my foot with their skate while it was bare. Not a fun night.

Needless to say, I'm awful at it and I've never done it before.

NATHANIEL R said...

or since i'm hoping.

for anyone who has ever seen in the cut the ice skating dream sequence is exactly what i imagine happening to me every time i've tried ice skating so i eventually just gave up.

Anonymous said...

Actually, reading that dialogue - it comes off as much more ironic and therefore a bit more cool and witty than it actually was. Let that be a lesson Hollywood - it's all about the casting, stupid.

RedSatinDoll