Monday, May 14, 2007

I Give Up

My irrational desperate longing for the return of Michelle Pfeiffer to the big screen has been fun to write about. But I gotta tell you: when it comes to her romantic comedy I Could Never Be Your Woman, I'm done. My chief Pfeiffer elf alerted me to this item being sold on ebay. (FYI: the seller's name is "filmex" but it's not me. Just so's you know) Seems that that long completed movie has vacated its last known release date (jun 15th) yet again. According to this ad it's now September. After umpteen release changes and the troubled history of the company responsible (Bauer Martinez) I am now making my peace with this movie never surfacing. At least we'll have Hairspray and Stardust...

(Now I know how Jessica Lange fanatics felt waiting years for 1994's Blue Sky to finally win projection)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. After hearing so many positive things from people who saw and loved the movie, the wait has pretty much killed it for me.

It was released in Spain this past weekend and came in 2nd place at the box office behind Spidey.

why it was released there first, I have no clue. shrugs*

Beau said...

But at least Lange won the Oscar for it. :)

Glenn Dunks said...

While Michelle's comeback gets delayed, Julianne's big comeback has a poster! It's not exactly the greatest poster in the world, but at least it's out there.

Marius said...

So, Lindsay Lohan week is officially over. Thank goodness! Can we start celebrating the greatness that is Michelle Pfeiffer ASAP? That's where you and I see eye-to-eye. We can devote a whole month to her if you like. I'm all about the Pfeiffer.