Wednesday, May 30, 2007

20:07 (A Real Ice Queen)

Each morning a screenshot from the 20th minute and 7th second of a movie.


Only random unsubtitled chatter at this moment. Another character offstage has just been talking about the lead "Her name is Diane. A real ice queen..."

Diane's back is turned to you in this screenshot from a confounding but haunting film. The movie is gorgeously shot but still images almost never do it justice. You have to see it move to notice the lighting and camera work and appreciate the beauty of its many shots through glass

What movie are we looking at?

8 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Would I be crazy in thinking that's demonlover?!

Because I think it is.

NATHANIEL R said...

you would not be crazy. you'd be correct.

my my... these are never as hard as i think they're going to be.

Glenn Dunks said...

oh, yay for me! I remembered there being a scene in a japanese restaurant or something and everyone thought Connie's character was a bitch. and, let's face it, Olivier Assayas movies are always gorgeous.

TBH though, I seem to have been the first one here (I dont' sleep, apparently) for the last two so I'm not giving others a chance. It's 'cause I'm awesome doncha know. ;)

NATHANIEL R said...

well given that you're comment arrived 27 minutes after the post went up... you can't have been the first to see it. so maybe it's just cuz you're awesome and not cuz you're an insomniac like me.

NATHANIEL R said...

and by you're i clearly meant your

ugh

Anonymous said...

if it'll make you feel any better... I checked this out BEFORE anyone had commented... and couldn't for the life of me figure out which movie it was from! ;o)

Anonymous said...

humph. now I want to watch Irma Vep.

Anonymous said...

Love love love this film. I've seen it maybe 10 times. I agree it is gorgeously shot.