Thursday, May 03, 2007

Festival Fatigue

I've hit the wall. I don't feel like seeing another movie this week --though I hope to recover in time for maybe one more documentary and Spider-Man 3 post-fest. This happens (at least to me) at every film festival: they're one of a kind experiences and each is as individual as its possible to be whilst basically composed of the same activity... but they're exhausting. The IIFF closing party is tomorrow night: we pass out the awards, drink, make merry and then I'm outta here. Indy's festival runners have been very kind to me but boy am I missing New York. My city is like a drug and withdrawal has hit.

2 comments:

Boyd said...

I sympathise... I spend between ten and 12 weeks each year at festivals... they are great but they are also completely unhealthy and unnatural environments...

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid you might be disappointed with Spidey 3... I was :( Go in with no expectations, just wanting to have a good time, and you might come out ok.