Thursday, May 03, 2007

Linkings

Observations on Film Art sees comedic framing in the movies.
The Wicked Stage -That play Bugthat y'all have heard me rave about repeatedly, the one that has a movie version coming out...well, if you're in LA please do yourself the favor and see it on stage. It's a corker. (See also: Stale Popcorn -Glenn likes the poster)
WG/WBINYT says Hedwig and the Angry Inch is returning to Off Broadway. The Zipper is a pretty memorable space here in NYC but it's also not very "concert" shaped (for those who've only seen the movie, the play is performed on a single set as if you're attending Hedwig's concert) so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. Do NOT miss it if you've only seen the movie.
Boing Boing says no gays in myspace. whaaa?
Defamer gives us a depressing but funny update on what's going on with The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. OK I wasn't laughing so much as crying but it's good to at least hear the title again. I love the title so much. Watch that be whittled away as well...
Pfangirl likes what she's seeing in the new Iron Man photos

RIP
Gordon Scott the main Tarzan of the 1950s (I covered all of the lord of the jungles here) passed away.
Brad McGann, director of In My Father's Den has also died. He was only 43 and made only one feature. He's been suffering from cancer for years apparently. So sad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame about JESSE JAMES... I like Malick more than Clint Eastwood as a film-maker. I wonder whether I'd like imitation Malick more than imitation Clint Eastwood...

NATHANIEL R said...

well how do you feel about david gordon green?

Anonymous said...

Looks like 'Jesse James' is destined to be one of those movies that's true, genius version will only exist 5 years from now.

Anonymous said...

wait...I meant 50 years

Anonymous said...

Same anonymous as above... I've only seen David Gordon Green's UNDERTOW, and I found that very interesting, if not always emotionally involving.

That nail through the foot... hurts just thinking about it...

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or does the Iron Man suit somehow manage to look like Robert Downey, Jr?