Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hump Day Hottie, Shia LaBeouf

Help! The blog has moved into popcorn season. Mmmm, popcorn.
It's that time of year I guess ... desperate for the warmth, sun, and waves of summer. Must be strong. Still another week or two until I hit Florida.

<-------- Shia LaBeouf, friend to big robots,
imaginary boyfriend to millions of young moviegoers

A few weeks back as I was perusing the internets I found this hilarious but pretty well done fake of Shia all LaBuffed... along with a raging debate about whether or not the photo was a fake. It is. Even if the rising star has been ingesting plenty of spinach and now all muscully for Indiana Jones and the Noun of the Adjective Noun --you know you want to play MadLibs with Indiana titles -- he probably wouldn't be taking pictures of himself that included barely concealed erections, you know? Only drunk starlets flash their privates with too-famous / too-fast abandon. Not that Shia isn't reckless. Behold: his mug shot from last year.


I hate that even whilst being arrested he looks lit by a celebrity photographer. Isn't that a whole light box reflecting in his eyes. I also hate that you always see pictures of him eating. But he stays totally thin.


I'm telling you. I eat one thing and.... ugh, I hate him. But I love him too. I think he's a talented actor --he almost made me care about big robots-- and talent is always hot. As for Shia's own taste level...


Funny, I always figured him for an Obama man myself. Or maybe this handwritten scrawl is in support of Swank's double Oscars in which case: BOOOOOO Shia. Please don't join the Academy!

If you still need more Shia, there's always the new GQ interview and spread. And yes, I meant to post all this last Wednesday. Sue me. Anyway, Indiana Jones and the ___noun___ of the __adjective__-- ___noun___ opens in just few hours.

Select your MadLibs in the comments. Or just drool on Shia. Your choice.
*

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's HRC, he can't spell, so he either has horrible taste or can't spell.

Glenn said...

Yeah, my fondness for Shia is well documented. Have you seen Holes, Nat? It's very good a kid's movie (and, hello, Sigourney Weaver.)

And at least he's open about wanting to make big blockbusters. I'm sure he'll reach the point where he's all "I want to make something that's close to my heart", but it's actually a bit refreshing to see someone not completely stuck up their own arse in that regard.

Lastly, isn't that the prettiest mug shot ever?

Glenn said...

very good FOR a kid's movie.

Rob said...

Okay, just some background: I'm 22, and I badly want to hump Zac Efron and Michael Cera.

Yet oddly, even though he's older than both of them, Shia looks way too young/twinky for me. And for the life of me, I just can't see the 'attractive' thing.

He does look kinda-sorta hot on the cover of GQ, but who doesn't? In movies, I tend to just find him vaguely irritating (Indy included). And it doesn't help that he's a Hilary man.

Anonymous said...

oh Nat, why didn't you include this pic in your post:

http://snagwiremedia.com/wickedyouth/2008/02/21/shia_labeouf-buff-thumb-500x333.jpg

HOTTTT

Anonymous said...

oops, i forgot blogger cuts off long urls

this pic:

http://tinyurl.com/556bgd

yumm

Anonymous said...

oh god, nevermind, I just re-read the post lol

i'm a moron, ignore me lol

The Jaded Armchair Reviewer said...

My introduction to him was The Battle of Shaker Heights so I am immune.

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with the post, but did you watch this youtube video showing Saramago's reaction after he watched "Blindness" with the director Fernando Meirelles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XzBkM_LdAk

Anonymous said...

I don't find him hot either, especially after that pic in a dotted shirt, lol.
And, doesn't the GQ cover look ... weird? His head looks giantic or his body too small. I guess it's the angle, but definitely it's not a good photo.

Iggy

NicksFlickPicks said...

Agreed about Holes, in which Shia is totally great.

Love that Saramago/Meirelles video.

But why is no one taking Nathaniel up on the MadLibs contest? I am springing for Indiana Jones and the Blanchett of the Blanchetty Blanchett myself, but maybe someone can top that. (Guess why I'll be seeing the movie!)

NATHANIEL R said...

OH? NOW SHE GETS TO HAVE HER OWN ADJECTIVE TOO?!?

ARRRRrrrrrgggggggh *Nathaniel jumps off his balcony*

NicksFlickPicks said...

Yes, her own adjective... which can be pronounced and re-inflected in any number of accents!

Rob said...

To be fair, Blanchett is the best thing about the movie.

Yeah, the GQ cover is weirdly framed/cropped, but I guess if you slap some neatly trimmed beard/stubble on a dude and befit him with some really fashionable clothes, I'll come a-runnin.

And was he really that good in "Holes"? I just vaguely remember him bumbling around making confused faces, not quite knowing how to react to the overacting by Jon Voight and Sigourney Weaver.

Anonymous said...

I'm agree with rob about Indiana Jones. I'm dissapointed of the film. I expected more, but yes, Cate is the best thing in Indiana Jones. She plays a marvelous villain

Anonymous said...

That is the fittest mug shot ever. Not fair. How is it possible for him to look so good under that strip lighting, at that time of night and after whatever he's been taking? I'm suddenly quite jealous of the two years I have on him.

Anonymous said...

On the subject of Indi, going to see it tomorrow morning. Can't wait now that the Blanchett best-in-show raves are in. Thanks guys!

Glenn said...

Rob, he sure was. I'd even rank him ahead of the likes of Jude Law and Ben Kingsley from that year. But that's just me, I imagine.

lawyer tony fernando said...

I have all these Shia´s photos in my orkut profile!

Anonymous said...

LaBeouf seems like a sincere fellow, oft-misquoted but sincere nonetheless