Sunday, May 04, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou, Michelle?

I swear I'm not going to post about Michelle Pfeiffer every single day during the filming of Chéri. I'm not. To you non pfanatics who faithfully read The Film Experience, I salute you for your time-tested patience. If you are a pfanatic here's your chance to stare at the screen goddess on a lonely balcony for 4 minutes. Waiting for her Romeo no doubt. This looks to have been shot during the primping, blocking and filming of what we assume will be (at most) a 15 second shot in the actual film.



Michelle is looking very breasty in a nightgown while she gazes into the sky.

One assumes the character of Lea, a former courtesan, will do a lot of waiting around haughtily/gorgeously/sensationally for her troublesome young lover Chéri (Rupert Friend, Keira Knightley's man, pictured left, who you'll remember from Pride & Prejudice as the pretty but loathsome sister-stealing Mr. Wickham).

Would that this were a musical and Michelle/Lea could suddenly lift both arms heavenward on the balcony of the Casa Rosada and sing "Don't Cry For Me (Mon Cher Chéri)" I'll bet the evident backlighting here is going to beautify the shot considerably. Darius Khondji, Evita's own Oscar-nominated cinematographer in fact, does DP duty here. Ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

8 comments:

NicksFlickPicks said...

I can't quite wrap my mind around this, but Chéri keeps making me think about Dangerous Liaisons (duh), and I was thinking that Michelle is now the fully grown, pedigreed actress in this film that Glenn was in DL... and then it occurred to me that Michelle is actually a full decade older now than Glenn was when DL was filmed. Which seems insane to me. For reasons I can't totally put my finger on. Partially to do with how preternaturally young Michelle always looks, I'm sure. But also, once you start thinking of one actor as definitively older than another one, it's always hard to correct that mental association, even as time marches on.

Can you tell I'm tired?

Anonymous said...

its Casa Rosada not Casa Rosado

Anonymous said...

I wish you talked about the filming every single day.

We deserve a great film with another great award winning performance by Michelle Pfeiffer.

Marcelo - Brazil.

Anonymous said...

I swear I'm not going to post about Michelle Pfeiffer every single day during the filming of Chéri. I'm not.

As someone who loves Pfeiffer, I encourage you to post each and every day. She's fabulous and deserves the attention. :)

I'm very, very psyched for Chéri.

Catherine said...

She's looking very Debbie Harry in that video, to me.

Anonymous said...

i don't hold my hopes high for this at all.

Anonymous said...

Cheri is a fabulous book and has the potential to be a great part for her. I'm beyond excited.

Anonymous said...

glass accubrush wood dixon dixon dixon pack the custom rubber inventor history word of and http://www.buybuycheap.tk
http://www.onlynow.tk