Friday, May 02, 2008

Now Playing on 36,000 Screens

Patrick Dempsey is McDreamin' about that hot rod red. In theaters everywhere!

I kid. I kid. Iron Man is opening (in case you just woke up from a year long coma) but it's only playing at 4,000+ screens. God, it'll take forever until it makes its way to your tiny neighborhood multiplex. If you don't feel like rockin and rollin with Marvel Comic's latest cash cow you can always check out buzzy leftovers from last year's festival circuit: Son of Rambow and XXY, finally making their way to the US. There's also that Patrick Dempsey / Michelle Monaghan romantic comedy Made of Honor but I'm guessing that if you've seen its trailer + episode of Grey's Anatomy + My Best Friend's Wedding, you've already seen it and enjoyed it more than you will this time... guessing!

9 comments:

Robert said...

Made of Honor

worst.title.ever.

the only way that pun would make sense is if it were a movie about a gay wedding between Marines.

Catherine said...

I'm with Robert - that title is ridiculous. Only half of the pun makes sense and it's a lame one at that.

Son of Rambow is a whole lotta fun though.

Kamila said...

I have seen "Iron Man" and it's so fun. Great action sequences and amazing performances from Robert Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges.

Dr. S said...

Hooray, hooray, Son of Rambow. I loved that movie, loved it. For my money, hands down, it has the single best teachers' lounge scene *ever.* So very true to life.

Anonymous said...

Seems like a good year for Paltrow : a big hit and a film in competition in Cannes.

Pablete said...

Yes! Gwyneth is back! It is a very happy time; the epitome of the perfect combination of goodness, charm and class in the new Hollywood is back with her. Such a talented actress endowed with those good-natured looking eyes and lovely smile was born to illuminate the silver screen! I hope she stays longer this time.

NicksFlickPicks said...

Made of Iron is amazing. I would see that movie in two seconds. You need to work for MadTV.

Colin Low said...

Is it just me, or did Gwyneth manage to snag one of the better (albeit still unmeaty) female roles in any superhero film? A relationship with the superhero that mixes love with professional dignity, and a part to play in the action -- even though she semi-devolves into the typical damsel in the last action scene of the film.

Glenn said...

I'm happy for my Gwynnie that she's finally in a movie that's surely gonna be a big hit.