Thursday, May 08, 2008

"this machine will make you feel good"

Pleasure Models...


I wouldn't say I'm inordinately drawn to hookers on film, but I do have a thing for the robotic ones. Gigolo Joe (A.I. Artificial Intelligence) and Pris (Blade Runner) loom large in my movie memory bank. I thought of them both last night due to that lyric snippet headlined above from the electro-pop single "This Machine" by Michael Hensley. It doesn't matter what the tune is my friends, I will come up with accompanying cinematic imagery to go with it as I listen, even when it has its own video already. It's like a multiplex in my head whenever there's headphones in me ears.

I met Michael years ago online due to a shared Madonna obsession. He's been plugging away at a music career diligently ever since so I wanted to congratulate him on making his first music video and share it with you.



Which machines make you feel good?
*

5 comments:

elgringo said...

I've always had a soft spot for "Electric Barbarella" by Duran Duran. Catchy song and cool video.

Here's a link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZobMzFJzL0U

Scott
he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com

par3182 said...

if i had a gigolo joe i'd turn him up to 11 and never leave the house

Anonymous said...

What about the Buffy bot?

NATHANIEL R said...

omg. i love the Buffybot. good call. SMG is such an underrated actor

Catherine said...

What machines make me feel good?

My coffee maker?