Saturday, July 05, 2008

Kissing Kathleen Turner

Kathleen Turner was always asking for it in the 80s, wasn't she?


God, I love her. Still. I'd gladly break through plate glass windows to have her knowing that she'd betray me, roll around on beds with her knowing she's an assassin with a contract on my life, fight alligators for precious gems just to woo her, return to high school with her, destroy the home we shared together in mutually destructive broken love rather than leave her side.

Come to me Kathleen! I'll do anything...

So would Falco apparently. Remember him? He wanted Amadeus... Amadeus... Amadeus... Amadeus to Rock him. I don't know how I didn't know this previously but he also wanted to snog Kathleen. Didn't everyone? A reader sent me this link to download his 80s tune "The Kiss of Kathleen Turner" (thx!) Where he obsessively croons
Is this a dream, or is it real
Is this really happening to me
Or is this just fantasy?
In this world theres only one woman
Who can make my dreams my dreams come true
And that woman Kathleen
Its you
I know how he feels.
*
*

6 comments:

Robert said...

Kat was always a bit too aggressive for me. Just looking at those pictures makes me nervous.

c.p. iñor said...

LOOOOOOVE HER!!!!! I DO...

I´d love to watch a comeback for her... and the sooner the better.

Anonymous said...

shame about kathleen turner's post 80's career,i always think of her as the 80's movie queen alongside sissy spacek,goldie hawn,sally field,jessica lange,bette midler & meryl streep!

Trevor Messersmith said...

no matter how sexy (or possibly exploitative) her material was, kathleen turner was always, always the one in charge.

I saw Body Heat at way too early of an age...and those sex scenes never left my consciousness.

Anonymous said...

Saw Kathleen Turner on stage in Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf...wowee! She was perfect...really made me question Taylor's great performance in the film.
Turner nailed it.

NATHANIEL R said...

I saw it too. If you click on the Kathleen Turner label you can work your way back to my piece on it.

she blew me away.