Friday, July 17, 2009

Tilda Swinton: Once She Pops, She Can't Stop.

Surfing around the net this evening, reading uncarefully, I was shocked to discover that Tilda Swinton had become Pringle's new face.

Before I could stop myself from what I instantaneously knew was both an embarrassingly Dim-American thought leap and a sign of lazy reading comprehension (oh that telltale apostrophe) I was thinking "What is Tilda doing selling potato chips?!?"

Not that I wouldn't buy anything the cinema's greatest alien amazon actress was selling but I think the general public would be a little frightened if she was hawking food products. What if she's poisoned them?

No, it's fashion house Pringle of Scotland. Tilda selling fashion. Much better fit.


The best part is that she's the face of the women's and the men's line. You gotta love that.

In point of fact, every year I love Tilda Swinton more. And since I've been hooked since 1991 or so (Edward II) that's a lot of love. Once you love Tilda... well, in this one way she is just like that salty caloric demon: you get the fever, you can't stop.

Trivia note: Even had she indeed been hawking that irresistible chip, she would not have been the first movie star to sell them.



Brad Pitt got the fever for the flavor of new Pringles back in 1989 when he was still playing "waiter" or "airport cop" in movies or doing bit gigs on tv shows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE MUST WIN ANOTHER OSCAR. Or a Golden Globe, a SAG, anyway, I WANT HER TO SPEECH AGAIN!!!

Simone said...

Tilda kicks ass! she's one of those actors that you seen them once, you need to keep on seeing them.

I think it's excellent that she's the FACE of the women's and men's Pringle of Scotland.

Barbara said...

My God! That's the cheesiest commercial ever. That was such a tacky period, wasn't it :p.

True Religion Jeans said...

I think it's excellent that she's the FACE of the women's and men's Pringle of Scotland.