Friday, June 23, 2006

Prairie Poster WINNERS

The Prairie Home poster contest is over. The randomly drawn winners going home with Lindsay, Meryl & Woody (or at least photographic representations thereof) are Daniel and JD. Give Danny and JD a round of applause or an envious glance. I asked all the contestants to include odes to the cast of this sweet film. The winners did haikus.

From Danny:
"Altman and Lohan
Thank you, Career CPR
Yea, it's Just Her Luck"


From JD:
"A Brief Haiku to L. Lohan :clears throat:

She looks healthy now.
A little more plump and hot.
Not like a twig. Yay!"



And even though he didn't win I have to give a special shout out to Vincent from L.A. who wrote a letter from La Lohan to the true divas of A Prairie Home Companion. Here it is...

Dear Meryl & Lily,

True film veterans with class,
Remember the Oscars in March
When you thrilled the audience en masse?

I recall an ER hunk, a blonde,
As well an ending fit for Karl Rove;
But, what really lingers in my mind,

Is the magic you two wove.
This industry should cater to women like you,
Not to every boy and man;

Thank you for the street cred.,

Signed, Lindsay Lohan.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Wow.

Thank you.

This may be seven months late, but Thank you!

My computer was down from the beginning of June till Christmas. I have a new laptop now.

When I got the poster, I was like "WTF?" I completely forgot about this!! Thank you!

I forgot about that haiku. Hehe. I'm funny.