Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Queen of Comedy

Sandra Bernhard is celebrating her 51st birthday today so I thought I'd give her a shout out by posting a video clip of what should have been an Oscar nominated performance. With this video we're going wayyyy back to 1983 when Sandra was dropping her genius right smack dab inbetween Jerry Lewis and Robert DeNiro in Martin Scorsese's undervalued King of Comedy (one of his two or three best films says me). This is just the first two minutes of what is the most genius segment in the movie.

In King of... Sandra plays a crazed groupie and here she's romancing her celebrity captive. Enjoy...



And after watching tell me if you don't think she shouldn't be thrown into the Christopher Guest improv movie mix. Hollywood has never quite known what to do with her. I bet Christopher Guest would.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

God I love her in that movie. And I love that movie. I didn't think much of it when I first saw it, but after a couple of viewings, I think you might be right about it being one of Marty's best.

Glenn Dunks said...

Seriously! That is one of my all-time favourite performances. Sandra is simply, and there's no other word to describe it, perfect.

I love at the end of that particular scene how she runs out onto the street in her underwear. She's hilarious.

(Happy birthday - i made my comments on my blog)

adam k. said...

I also did a happy birthday post on my blog.

Anonymous said...

This woman is 51?! I can't believe it. :-o

M

Anonymous said...

She is the queen of cool. Well, one of them anyways.

Rob

Jason Adams said...

Genius.

Anonymous said...

For your birthdays, I wish I could give you both a kiss on the cheek: just a silly little peck. Why not?

Wait. I got you today. Tomorrow, I find Ms. Berhard...

May you both have a super star summer of success.

Anonymous said...

how to identify black mold http://moldnhouse.com/household-mold.html
As the tightness of our homes has increased in response to a desire to conserve energy, the unintended consequence has been the trapping of moisture. The increase in moisture in our homes has in some cases resulted in a relative humidity above the 60% level needed to sustain mold growth in interior spaces. In some cases, the moisture level of the interior spaces is below the mold growth threshold, but the exterior wall cavities retain the required moisture level for rapid mold growth within the walls. To make matters worse, this condition is also perfect for accelerated wood rot and termite infestation.