Monday, June 26, 2006

Paul Thomas Anderson is 36 Years-Old

P.T. Anderson turns 36 years-old today and he has only made four feature films, won two Oscar nominations, and broken up with one rock star girlfriend. Slacker. Having enjoyed all of his films and that breakup record I am really impatient for the fifth movie, There Will Be Blood, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as an oil prospector in turn of the century Texas. The film has, according to random speculative buzz , a genius screenplay. IMDB and set photos (?) indicate that this is currently filming but only two cast members are listed on the IMDB. Annoying. I highly doubt it's a Sleuthy two-hander so why is there so little info?

Anyway. I can't wait. I love me some PTA. And you?




P.T. ANDERSON


Which is your favorite p.t. Anderson film?




Sydney / Hard Eight (1997)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Magnolia (1999)
Punch-Drunk Love (2002)






6 comments:

DL said...

I voted for Magnolia. It was a tough choice, but in the end, the frogs tipped the scales.

I remember seeing it about a year after it's release, having no idea what it was about or what I was supposed to expect. But I was awe-inspired. Best. Movie Ending. Ever.

Jason Adams said...

That was such a hard choice... I have deep, deep love for Magnolia, huge like for Boogie Nights, and Hard Eight is totally swell... but I went with Punch-Drunk Love, because it's one of maybe ten movies I can watch over and over and just smile the entire time.

Glenn Dunks said...

I didn't make it all the way through Magnolia. I was watching it and just realised "I could be doing something better with my time" so I did and went to a friend's place and played pool. Boogie Nights was really good though and I haven't seen Punch-Drunk Love.

I voted for Hard Eight. I don't really know why. I just really liked it. The performances were all great too (especially Gwyneth Paltrow).

I wouldn't have been that excited about his new film but it stars Daniel Day Lewis so...

Gilidor said...

Magnolia all the way. PTA is one of my favorite filmmakers, by far.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhYKI_YWGFE

Gilidor said...

hum, let's try that again:

PTA talks There will be blood with Henry Rollins (!)

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Pepe le pew auto seat covers Lipitor+birth control The anxiety community treatment medication zoloft Creating a contact lens prescription Antiinflammatory celebrex drug oral suspension vioxx blackberry wireless calendar synchronization Columbia quad coats http://www.accutane-1.info/What-is-accutane.html Buy generic tenuate dospan Are there any withdrawls from wellbutrin xl http://www.ultracet-1.info/order_ultracet_online.html Sprint prepaid plans wireless Lawsuit blackberry