Monday, June 05, 2006

Cillian, Tom, and Countdown Madness

I know I've kept some of you waiting for far too long for this latest installment of "Top 100 Actors of the Aughts". For those who have been on pins and needles... try waiting on something softer next time --how about Cillian Murphy's lips?

Anyway I digress--it's so easy for the mind to wander with some of these actors around --Tom Wilkinson. How about that performance in In the Bedroom. Probably shoulda won the Oscar, non? Meanwhile Cillian Murphy has the honor of being the most recent arrival to the movies with the highest placement on this list. That's because he's a memorable actor and he works. A lot. He works the camera too.

Enjoy. Then return and discuss.

P.S. #1 In the poll that just wrapped, Heath Ledger pulled out the win but Crowe and Penn will also be joining him advancing to the next round because of their percentages of votes. Stay tuned. It all wraps up in June.

P.S. #2 I just realized that there's no corresponding readers-ranking for the twin Top 100 Actress countdown. I like the lists in pairs to match, so we're going to barrel through the voting for the Actresses in very quick rounds. So go and vote now on the first of three rounds.

4 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Good choices, although I really suggest you check out Intermission for not only more Cillian loving, but also a great Colin Farrell perf (probably my favourite Farrell perf after The New World).

I'm still betting #1 is between Jude and George. But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

You could well be right Kamikaze. Though Jude's best moments are in the late 90s for me (Wilde, Ripley); its just omnipresence and inconsistency since. Sometimes he's great, and sometimes he's misapplied.

Jake or Gael for me, with happiness if Christian gets it too.

Agreement with Nat that Wilkinson was the best of the nominated crop in 2001 (even though I shudder at the accent - and I say that as a Brit who shouldn't be half as horrified as you guys over the pond!) But I prefer John Cameron Mitchell and Gene Hackman if they'd got nominated...

Rob

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»