Friday, August 21, 2009

I Want to Link to There

Your Internet Movie Rule: Robert De Niro is...
Sunset Gun Kim Morgan talks to Tarantino
<--- Empire what film will director Bryan Singer do next? I'm just going to admit it: I don't really get his career. It seems so directionless despite a collection of generally good films
MNPP Michael Fassbender Four Times (he's fast becoming someone I totally care about!)
A Blog Next Door with a surprise observation about Adaptation (2002)
Coffee Coffee and More Coffee on the import/export game, the shrinking market for foreign films and how Hollywood doesn't play fair
INF "Aniston: Zellweger Stole My Man" I've never made a secret that I'm not a fan of Jennifer Aniston and her trademark 'abandoned woman' victimhood. On the other hand, I think all tabloids, celeb mags and gossip blogs ought to pay her tithing each year, you know?
If Charlie Parker... frames within frames. Lovely


Did you see The Wolf Man trailer? Benicio Del Toro plays the fuzzy wuzzy. I'm so pleased to see Hugo Weaving again (see previous post) but was it really a good idea to cast Anthony Hopkins in this? Seems like the choice is too obvious, too directly reminiscent of Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).



Topless Robot expresses what I suspect will be widespread feelings about this film before it opens. Poor lycanthropes. They never get any respect when it comes to monster movies. It's gotta be vampires, don't it?

11 comments:

Deborah said...

You just made me so happy today. Robert DeNiro is a bad date. I love Adaptation. Bryan Singer is my cousin. It's like you're having Deborah day.

NATHANIEL R said...

Every day is Deborah day! especially since there's more MAD MEN AT THE MOVIES coming up ;)

Andrew K. said...

Nathaniel have you heard the news that Shutterisland is being moved to February 2010. What are your thoughts?

NoNo said...

I'm surprised you haven't talked about the Avatar trailer. I'm going to see the preview today!

Simone said...

"Michael Fassbender Four Times (he's fast becoming someone I totally care about!)"


**Simone claps, hoots, & holler**

NATHANIEL R said...

nono JA covered it yesterday. Scroll down.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone think jennifer aniston is one day gonna win a oscar?

Seeking Amy said...

Pfeiffer not only is "in" Adaptation, but she's also "in" Being John Malkovich. I think either Spike Jonze or Charlie Kaufman or both are huge Pfans.

Kyle Pinion said...

Couldn't be more excited about The Wolfman, I just hope its as good as that trailer makes it look. In the war of debuting trailers, that one blows Avatar out of the water, which was a weird surprise...certainly I don't expect The Wolfman to be oscar-calibre or anything, but if it's even half as good as say American Werewolf in London, I'd be happy.

NATHANIEL R said...

seeking amy -- than they need to work with her. T'would be awesome

Anonymous said...

The Wolfman trailer failed to excite me. Same old thing.
Looks it'll be too much like Coppola's Dracula (and not only because of Hopkins), and The beauty and the beast. Only with more elaborate asylum torture scenes.
Actually Coppola's Dracula already seemed like a remake of Beauty and the Beast, so no need to reference it now.
Well, originality is overrated, they say.