Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Link it On

Risky Biz Young Victoria finally has a distributor (Apparition -- see previous post) but audiences just aren't going for costume dramas these days.
Cinematical good piece on contrasting trailers before the movie... and how much mainstream auds love baaaaad movies like Wild Hogs)
Erik Lundegaard on Stephen Sommers (GI Joe "director") and the 'courage of his cliches'.


Fin de Cinema oooh, pretty posters for Toronto and Venice films
My New Plaid Pants shares one of the best cinephile dreams I've ever heard. Every night I hope to dream about movies but I rarely do
She Knows is hosting a contest to win a Kindle. It's in promotion of a new supernatural-powered book called Seven Rays from the screenwriter of Bring it On therefore I love it already. Maybe. Okay I'm not quite that easy
Us Magazine unleashes that 11 year old video of Channing Tatum stripping the night away. But why release it if you're gonna edit / censor it? Not that I'm pervy for the Tatum and wanted to see everything. I have no feelings on this one way or the other. I am a completely neutral party, Channing Tatum means nothing to me


off cinema
TransGriot has a great piece on the racist self-defeating fears of these looney people attacking any efforts at reform in our country
Boy Culture also chimes in on the health care debate -- great post
pop hangover best reason to drive a Prius. Hee

anyway...
Enjoy this Coen Bros picture short making the rounds today on the web. It was for an omnibus film but it's never shown up on DVDs. So here it is. Starring Josh Brolin as well it should.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see the Channing video..

Edna E. Mode said...

What ever happened to the point we are suppossed to have in the Best Actress Contest? I certainly think that some of us have a few point alreadey...

Seeking Amy said...

I drive a Prius and when you live where I live you get shit for it all the time. Well now that I went to that link...I'd better go rent The Class (finally came out on DVD today!) before my thoughts get too enticed about thinking of the wreckage my funny looking, gas sipping, ninja quiet weapon can do.

NATHANIEL R said...

Anon -- it plays fine for me at that link. maybe try again? it's a corporate site (US magazine) so they should be able to handle the traffic ;)

edna -- i know i need to get to that. my BF helps me with the charts and so i need to beg him to do the excel tabulation sheet. SOON

Mikadzuki said...

"Is there livestock in any of them?"
"There might be a rabbit in The Rules of the Game."

LOL

Edna E. Mode said...

Hehe... okay Nat, there's no rush... I just tought when I was checking today that it was down for some reason...

Glenn said...

I don't think it's available for non Americans if that helps.

Catherine said...

Speaking of contrasting trailer/main features, I recently saw the trailer for The September Issue before Antichrist. Were they trying to go for some "Anna Wintour = The Devil" gag?

Deborah said...

Your link for the Kindle contest is bad. You're linking to the entry confirmation page; you have to backspace out the "/confirm"

NATHANIEL R said...

deborah. thanks. i shall fix.

also... Glenn. I guess i'm not computer savvy. how do these websites block foreign countries from viewing them. I've gone to websites broadcasting from other countries many times.