Friday, May 21, 2010

Kites and Whatever Happened to Busty Jane

Over at Towleroad I've reviewed the international Kites (2010) starring Bollywood giant Hrithik Roshan. Go there. I must say straight away that I feel totally gipped that Hrithik only danced once in a 130 minute movie. So here's a whole bunch of Hrithik shaking it (skip to 1.15 for his showy arrival).



♫ Work it. I need a glass of wataaahhh ♪

My double feature this week was weird / disorienting.

I also took in Jackie Beat's latest play Whatever Happened to Busty Jane? which is a totally offensive/hilarious riff on Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1962) a movie y'all know I love. Bette Davis so shoulda won the Oscar that year. Oh wait... maybe not. I just remembered who actually did win. I'm good with that. So I reviewed Busty Jane, too.

*
Nathaniel Trivia You Didn't Know: Jackie Beat was actually the first celebrity I ever interviewed way the hell back in 2000, one hundred years ago, just before The Film Experience launched. I sometimes think I imagined that weird life before The Film Experience. Did it really exist? Maybe I'll share that musty interview one day. We even talked Oscars.

5 comments:

Robert Hamer said...

Thank goodness you retracted your Baby Jane statement. Sometimes I wonder about a lack of perspective about Oscar when they gripe about people who didn't win. This is a good example:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/eastern-proimises-sequel-looks-very-promising-9571

NATHANIEL R said...

robert -- i worry about that too. People always say IT'S INSANE SO AND SO DIDN'T GET NOMINATED. but which of the 5 that did can you remove? some times it's crazy to remove any of them for that particular so & so ;)

Craig said...

Even though Anne Bancaroft won for The Miracle Worker that year, IMHO, Katharine Hepburn should have captured the Oscar for Long Day's Journey Into Night -- one of her two best performances (Summertime being the other). Remember, it was 1962, a year that ranks up there with 1939 as producing the most noteworthy Hollywood films.

Videonym said...

Know more about "Kites"... from movie promos to international reviews to articles and more...

http://apps.facebook.com/videonym/?q=w1273858272

I develop this facebook application where movie promos, reviews, articles, etc. are aggregated.

Michael Dequina said...

In case you didn't see what I posted last week on my favorite dances of Hrithik's now decade-old movie career:
http://blog.themoviereport.com/2010/05/decade-of-dance-with-hrithik.html