Thursday, May 20, 2010

TFE The Network

In keeping with the spirit of "Upfronts Week" in which networks announce their new seasons, I thought I would do the same. It's common place now for blogs to have "series" but I am proud to say I was one of the early adopters of this 'I'm my own network!' approach. I enjoy the creation and evolution of series and it seems that barring a couple of them over the years, you (the active audience) enjoy them too.


The Film Experience will always be somewhat random since spontaneity is oxygen (and other less pleasurable reasons also interfere). Sometimes ambitions collapse before execution due to lack of funding, corporate slavery, cat illness, backlog of unfinished business or loss of passport. But series and general structure help keep things on track regardless; Attempts at discipline never hurt anyone. So here's what we hope is coming up...
Will valiantly attempt to wrap up the long delayed Film Bitch Awards for 2009 next week and there's a few exciting industry interviews coming up. Stay tuned and join in the obsessive merriment.

If you don't comment, we never know what you're thinking. If you have praise don't hold back... pour it on thick. If you have gripes, keep it to y--- kidding! Always be constructive in your criticisms if you have them. Here and elsewhere. The Film Experience wants to be a happy place. Happy happy joy joy.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the Actress Psychic contest? People are dying for that one I think.

Anonymous said...

finally, i`m very anxious about the next season in the film experience.

NATHANIEL R said...

anxious in a good way?

Agustin said...

the return of reader request!!!! yay!
been saving up for your do the right thing review

Michael said...

Oh I just love the podcasts! I still have two of the old ones on my iPod... please do another!

Anonymous said...

Hump day Hottie was my Fav!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and how about some sort of contest, to be a one time movie reviewer?

Ashley said...

All for Streep@60 and the Vanity Fair cover posts!!

Travis said...

I definitely second the notion for more Actress Psychic contest stuff. I've dying to see what everyone else chose.

Lev Lewis said...

Haven't commented in a while. So I'll just say The Film Experience and Nathaniel R are amazing. That's all.

cinema adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cinema adventures said...

This site is brilliant. Keep it up! :D Love the 'Posterized' series already!

rosengje said...

Are you serious about Best Pictures from the Outside In returning? Or just teasing?

Anonymous said...

yeah, in a good way!

cal roth said...

Best Pictures From The Outside In, PLEASE!

Burning Reels said...

Looking forward to the naked gold man posts! (well, all of it but your Oscar analysis and musings are always a joy to read)

Jay said...

Are you going to put the film experience awards pages back up for previous years? Soon? Ever?

NATHANIEL R said...

rosengje -- we're always serious. we just have trouble with the scheduling.

Walter L. Hollmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walter L. Hollmann said...

Like Peter O'Toole, I think I have to wait too long for the Naked Gold Man ;)

Janice said...

Weirdly enough, I STILL have a fantasy about the MR tribute essay being finished but...other than that it's all good here.

And btw I love it when you get opinionated and passionate in your posts/essays even if that pisses some people off.

Weirdly enough, those Oscar roundtable discussions you have with Nick and Katrina and others? I'd love to read more of those throughout the year on non-Oscar topics. Must be wickedly difficult to coordinate though.

NATHANIEL R said...

Janice -- i'd love to do more of them, too. the roundtables. but organizing people is difficult. and would readership support the efforts. the oscars are a very uniting force :)