Monday, May 10, 2010

i said your link your link your link is my drug

Variety finds the new Robin Hood too self serious. [gladiator voice] Are you not entertained unsurprised?
Movie|Line "The Summer of Discontent" why is this summer so empty and 2011 so packed?
USA Today the latest info on Julie Taymor's The Tempest starring Helen Mirren
Boing Boing Star Wars in 2 minutes with Legos
Dear Old Hollywood a Goonies 25th anniversary celebration coming up in June


Marie Claire
Fatal Attraction going on stage by Christmas. Happy uh Christmas bunny haters
Just Jared Awwww, the Supermen together. Makes one miss Christopher Reeve though (sigh)
In Contention poster and images from Biutiful starring Javier Bardem
After Elton Neil Patrick Harris ranks Hollywood men. I can't believe he went there
Queerty why can't Cam & Mitch kiss on Modern Family? This is a weird topic since same sex kissing happens literally every week on Brothers & Sisters. That particular TV taboo has long since been broken

Finally, have you seen the Betty White SNL yet?



This compilation is helpful for those of us who get around to these things later. I tried to watch yesterday on Hulu -- I can't be bound by air times! -- and then reading opinion pieces from around the web I realized that I'd somehow missed some of the skits. So I'm hoping this video has them all. Which was your favorite? I lol'ed about the census taker (the 'kitten' in Betty's lap... priceless) and "just let her stay home and lez". Teehee

21 comments:

Robert said...

Great links, thanks! I love the title of this post too, I've been addicted to that song lately...

badmotherfucker said...

I can't get "Wizard of ASS!" out of my head. :-D

john said...

Hey Nathaniel as part of a Cannes anticipation piece you soooo need to do a w.w.c.w?

NATHANIEL R said...

uh...what now?

Chris Na Taraja said...

that's the funniest SNL in a long long time. "The wizard of Ass" if truly hysterical. Can't believe she agreed to say all that stuff.

Janice said...

So - the new Robin Hood pic has bilingual and and a bald bad guy (what, again?) and yet still attempts to be "politically correct"? The National Organization for the Advancement of Bald Men needs to get it's act together.

Oh, and it's humorless and joyless? No, no surprise. But without the humor - is it a Robin Hood movie?

Janice said...

Now, this new re-imagining of the Tempest, on the other hand? Mirren as Prospera? Sign me up.

Andrew R. said...

The muffin sketch was golden.

Wizard of Ass wasn't THAT funny.

I wish Betty White had gotten together with Debbie Downer in a sketch.

Jason Adams said...

Andrew R they did! It just didn't make it out of dress rehearsal. Thankfully they post those clips online! Right here. And here's Bronx Beat, also unaired. I worship Bronx Beat so that one had me especially excited. Pool noodle, pool noodle... hysterical.

john said...

I'll try to reming you Nathaniel, about a year or two ago you said that the the most important question regarding Cannes is W.W.T.W.? but instead of a T its a C.
I probably made this sound even more puzzling!!

NATHANIEL R said...

John. ah yes. now i understand.

haha.

what will Cate wear ?! ;)

Andrew R. said...

JA-that link lead to a blank page.

Rick said...

I am a huge fan of Betty White, but really, not much was funny ... I hope she doesn't go the Cloris Leachman route!!!

Jason Adams said...

Whoops here's the Debbie Downer skit.

Andrew R. said...

JA-that skit was hilarious, but I can't think of any Debbie Downer skit I DIDN'T enjoy, mostly because I'm a big downer.

John T said...

I love the NPH list-Franco and Colin would also make my list, but I particularly liked the Nick Jonas and Ryan Phillippe write-ups.

Cinesnatch said...

You can't believe NPH went there as far as the top 10 or went there as far as naming Nick Jonas his #10?

It's kind of cool that he did that. It's one thing to say you're gay if you're a celebrity. But, I think you create a whole new awareness for the public when you actually tell them who you think is hot. It also makes him more relatable.

Arkaan said...

YOu know, Nathaniel, I think you should do a "before and after" article on Ridley Scott. Before Russell Crowe? Alien, Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise, The Duellists...

After... well, you know.

NATHANIEL R said...

vatz -- went there in terms of naming names. I agree with what you're saying in concept but ranking other celebs in terms of hotness ? I mean. Ballsy. it's a small industry. I think it's a totally funny article (and ends so sweetly) but still...

notanotherblog said...

Ranking guys did not work for Cassie but I think NPH is gonna be fine after this article.

And I saw most of the Betty White SNL except for the last sketch or two. The CSI Sarasota sketch was genius. The 1904 sketch was ok but she makes it funnier by saying "balls."

Yancey said...

The Betty White SNL episode was one of the best things I've seen this year, bar none. She's a comic goddess! "Blarfengaardddd." LMAO!!!!!

I really wanted this "Robin Hood" to be good, and the Crowe/Blanchett Aussie power teaming up could have been explosive. Eh. I'm still going to see this on Friday night and hope for the best.