Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hump Day Hottie: Takeshi Kaneshiro

Last week the delectable offerings on display (Rachel Weisz & Ralph Fiennes) were pulled from the current multiplex scene. This time I'm reaching a little further back. In honor of the currently popping Toronto International Film Festival I take you back to last year's event. Last September when I had the pleasure of attending I was gobsmacked watching The House of Flying Daggers. Who would've guessed that there would be a cast member prettier than Zhang Ziyi in any movie? Nevertheless there was Takeshi Kaneshiro's smiling gorgeousness. A sight to behold. I had gone into blissful trances before when confronted with the Takeshiliciousness in ChungKing Express(1994) and Too Tired to Die(1998) but I have to admit that I had kind of forgotten about him (my hearty apologies are offered).

Takeshi is 1/2 Taiwanese / 1/2 Japanese and he also speaks three additional languages to those including English. He should be easy to cast. He deserves to be a bigger international film star. In fact, while watching 2046 recently, I couldn't reasonably figure why a film bursting with that many Asian movie-stars couldn't find room for him. To add insult to injury he's starred for its director Wong Kar Wai before (in the aforementioned Express). I mean if you can squeeze Maggie Cheung into a blink-and-you'll miss her cameo you also ought to find room for Takeshi. Just a note for next time Kar-Wai. OK?

That is all. Just had to get that off my chest.

MORE TAKESHI?

Acknowledgements: The large photo above comes from this eyepopping site. And Hump Day Hotties is inspired by Gabriel's Friday Hot Guy Blogging feature... though here at Nathaniel R it will feature movie morsels of both flavors. And this particular edition is dedicated to this Takeshi-loving blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to suggest that, when it comes to cinema, you are bi-curious? ;-)

Anonymous said...

He's sooooooo pretty. *oggles*

Anonymous said...

I think he is the most beautiful man I have ever seen on screen. His beauty outshines his female co-stars (except for one Japanese made for tv movie where the girl was absolutely gorgeous).

If he was born here, he would have the label of sexiest man alive---forget Brad Pitt or Clooney.

Anonymous said...

I think he is about one of the most beautiful men alive.

He has talent and can speak English too- I wish he were in more movies here in the US- so I could enjoy his talent and frankly, admire his hotness. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »