Sunday, January 07, 2007

Whores R' Them

God Bless Erik Childress for calling certain "critics" out on their blurb-whoredom. They give other film writers a bad name. It's "2006 -Whores of the Year". The only thing I can't really fathom about this list is how there's no Peter Travers from "Rolling Stone" on it. Now, I understand that the winning dishonor is actually called "The Peter Travers Quote Whore of the Year Award" but color me confused --shouldn't he still win every year? Isn't his name, along with some breathlessly interchangeable quote, attached to 91% of all movie posters and TV spots? I sometimes mistake movie marketing for an elaborate punk'd promotion of "Rolling Stone".

5 comments:

Paxton Hernandez said...

Really good article! Thanks for the link.

Paxton Hernandez said...

May I only ask, what the hell is the FAB?! Don't you guys have already the MPAA to punish the evil nudity and sex in movies? WTF!?

adam k. said...

I'm pretty sure the special preview screening of Bewitched that I attended was introduced by Maria Salas. She talked about how this was "Nicole Kidman showing us her lighter side, more like the Nicole Kidman of To Die For."

How do all these people have paying jobs?

Anonymous said...

come on Nathaniel everytime I visit your blog (every day :) ) I'm hoping to find out your top 10 list of the year! tell us...

Glenn Dunks said...

I love this article whenever it comes around. I can't believe these quotes get put on tv or in print. It's absurd. They really are all the same.