Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Heart They Hated Huckabees



These videos from the set of I Heart Huckabees are sprouting like evil mushrooms around the net though YouTube keeps pulling them down. So watch while you can. The first is Lily Tomlin pissed off and frustrated at the shooting of a sequence (Dustin Hoffman & Isabelle Huppert are mostly mum). The second is the director himself absolutely losing his shit. NSFW and also NSFLTLBDORISIMTHITC hich translated is Not Safe For Lily Tomlin Lovers Because David O'Russell Is So Incredibly Mean To Her In This Clip.

I really love this movie so the end result was worthwhile but surely a great movie could've still emerged from a less volatile set. All I know is that I would have hated to be a Human Resources Manager on this production or be whoever fills that type of role on a film set.

11 comments:

Jason Adams said...

I LOVE the part so much in the first clip when she snaps at Naomi Watts for giggling. I could watch that part on repeat for hours. HYSTERICAL.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if Huppert is bored or terrified. She always has the same expression. Perhaps just silently cursing her manager for getting her into this mess.

I kinda liked Huckabees, but this stuff explains why the film was so uneven.

The Chemistry Guru said...

What's funny is how Jason Schwartzman remains absolutely unruffled while David is going batshit crazy.
Amazing.

adam k. said...

Jesus. This is UNREAL. Does this kind of abuse happen on film sets often? Like, outside of Von Trier films?

When I saw that first clip of Lily shooting her mouth off, I was like "why the f*ck is she being such a bitch? why don't they fire her on the spot?" and then I saw the second clip and I was like "oh."

This film was so fun and light-hearted, I never could've imagined a set like this. What could've gone on to make Lily and David such hateful ogres? Seriously...

Boyd said...

Huppert is hilarious and unwittingly teaches the greatest lesson of them all: if unsure what to do, check the mirror for hair and make-up!!

Anonymous said...

Em..did she just tell Hoffman to stfu? B**tch what???

Anonymous said...

I like that Hoffmann is kinda trying to play mediator.

Is it wierd that I don't actually feel shocked by any of this? It's just people having temper tantrums. It's actually refreshing to see this somehow.

Damian Arlyn said...

This seems to be on a lot of people's minds, lips and figertips right now. Dennis Cozzalio has started an interesting dialogue over at his site on this very subject (and yes, I've already chimed there in my two cents).

Anonymous said...

The funniest part is when Naomi can’t hold her laughter and Lily turns and says „That’s right, fuck you too“.
LOL

SamuraiFrog said...

Didn't I hear once that Russell and George Clooney got into a fist fight on the set of Three Kings? How has it gotten to the point where Russell thinks he's important enough to scream at actors?

Anonymous said...

These clips are crazy! Russel is out of control. I felt bad for whoever that crew person was hunched in the corner who got whacked with all the stuff he threw off the table.