Friday, March 16, 2007

Pfeiffer Pflip Out

Please. You knew I wouldn't be able stop with just one post.

Extra welcomes Pfeiffer back. With video! I'm confused by what they call a three year break though. Other than voice work in Sinbad in 2003 we haven't seen her onscreen since White Oleander in 2002. I'm not great at math or anything but I have these daily chalk marks in the walls of my cell apartment and it's clearly five years I been waitin' to see her again.

Access Hollywood gets Pfeiffer to say "I'm hot!" and she's still going with the story that she hasn't been under the knife.

Pop Sugar has a poll on which actress is aging the most gracefully. On Pfeiffer: "Wait, is she aging?"

Current Countdown
I Could Never Be Your Woman opens in 91 days
Hairspray opens in 126 days
Stardust opens in 147 days
That's right. Each month of summer gets a new Michelle Pfeiffer movie.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 movies, a star on the walk of fame, new interviews, etc. you're going to have a heart attack Nat! :-)

Cinesnatch said...

I'm so excited for you Nate. But, seriously, there is no one else like her.

adam k. said...

Wait, I thought I Could Never Be Your Woman didn't have a distributor or release date??

I actually think she's telling the truth when she says she's never been under the knife... technically. But I'm sure she's seen her share of peels and lasers. There's a whole new boom now in that gray area between cosmetics and cosmetic surgery. You can bet la Pfeiff is on a strict maintenance regimen. But it's not like there's ever been that moment of "OMG, she looks so much younger (and faker)". She just sort of never aged. Good for her.

God, she's so beautiful. I hope we can at least see her at the globes as a nominee.

Neel Mehta said...

I've seen Hairspray.

Thursday night I was part of the first audience to see it (so they said). Don't know why they came to Las Vegas. New Line honcho Toby Emmerich and producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron were allegedly in attendance.

I'll write a review over at Brevity for release early next week. It'll be mostly positive.

Glenn Dunks said...

Neel, looking forward to it!

Michelle really doesn't look like she's aged much since The Age of Innocence in '93. She has got some killer pins, really.

NATHANIEL R said...

pins?

Anonymous said...

Adam: the LA Times recently had a pretty long article on Bauer Martinez, the production company which financed ICNBYW, they have had a ton of problems with money, etc. thats why MGM dropped them, but they say they are coming back from being in debt and have borrowed at least $12 million to help with the release of the film, and it will be released this summer, the last release date announced was June15th. There were rumors that Freestyle Releasing would buy the rights, but I think Martinez will just release it themselves now.

Glenn Dunks said...

Nat, pins = legs. You've never heard that before?

Anonymous said...

I reckon I'm a bigger Pfeiffer fan than you are Nat. hehe.

She is so classy, beautiful, radiant, professional, stylish.....(as we all know).

Yeah, she's obviously had work done on her face...how much? who knows, but she looks pretty natural.

She's the greatest.