Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Breakfast With... Vincent and Jules

A quiet morning at the Hawthorne Grill. Typical diner food served.

Pulp Fiction
Vincent chows down on pancakes and bacon. Jules tears pieces from his muffin. He refuses a bite of Vincent's bacon.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish. I just don't dig on swine that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Yeah, but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
Jules: Hey, sewer rats may taste like pumpkin pie but I'd never know cuz I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***ers
Jules and Vincent, motor mouths both, chat philosophically for our amusement until a shout of "Garçon. Coffee!" pulls our focus -- Oh, riiiiight. This is also...

Breakfast With... Pumpkin and Honey Bunny


They're not really there to eat.
*
for more "breakfast with"s... click the label below

8 comments:

Marcello Talone said...

i so love everything about this movie!
i mean everything...

Kurtis O said...

How about the "pumpkin pie"/Pumpkin relation? Might this be yet another of Tarantino's favorite things/recurring themes? I'm getting out my DVDs.

Cinesnatch said...

I first misread one of the headlines and thought I saw "Breakfast With The Brown Bunny" . . . haha

Um, your banner, Adrian Brody, I'm sorry, but he has become SUCH a douche. Just my two cents.

Anonymous said...

definitely the best breakfast with yet. I really believe this might be the best scene in movie history. no joke or exaggeration. I cried the first couple times I saw it when Jules stated his new found understanding of Ezekiel 25:17. watched it again last month and cried again

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I'm loving having breakfast with all these guys.

I mean, it's hard to beat Jack & Ennis, but Vincent & Jules don't exactly suck. :)

Chris Na Taraja said...

"I am not a hero, I am a coffee shop manager"

NATHANIEL R said...

casey... i'm not sure about ever but i do think it's one of the best opening scenes (though this is near the end ;) ever). I mean when the camera freeze framed on "i'll execute every last motherf***ing last one of ya" after that conversation it was like a thunderbolt in the theater.

i saw it on opening night and i've never forgotten that electricity in the theater. It was like everyone was like "what the f***?!" AND totally into it simultaneously and those two reactions unfortunately don't coexist very often in this 'give me what i already love' movie world.

Anonymous said...

I did not see it on opening night, and that was still the feeling in the room. It was like a roller coaster ride.

I still get a good feeling when I see this film. Like riding the cyclone at coney Island, it takes you for a ride, and bumps you around in both a good and bad way.