Friday, July 31, 2009

Fancying Hugh Dancy

It's Nathaniel (not quite back yet) just popping in to point you to this week's Towleroad column in which I swoon for Hugh Dancy despite having insufficient interest in his new picture, Adam.


Have you seen the shameless TV spot for the movie? It opens by declaring him an Oscar contender for Best Actor and then cuts immediately to Adam explaining that he has Asperger's Syndrome. Way to sell stereotypes, marketing team. "Watch this movie! Mental disorders = Oscar Gold!"

In real life Hugh Dancy is still hooked up with Claire Danes. In the movie he's fallen for Rose Byrne (sans Glenn Close). But in my dreamworld he's still macking on Patrick Wilson -- the most exciting moment in Evening (2007) by an incalculably large margin -- or having threesomes with Julianne Moore or...



What? Shut up.
*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Adam" is a pretty bland movie, not terrible but nothing memorable by any means. Dancy does underplay things though.

Interviewing the cuteness Dancy himself on Tuesday, as well as the director.

Anonymous said...

stop fantaisies with Hugh Dancy! LOL

J.D. said...

Hahahaha, I love you Nat.

Devin D said...

Something about Dancy makes me want to see Christian Camargo in more quality films.

Jim T said...

Nate, I completely understand and feel the same way. I didn't know that about him and Wilson. I must watch the Evening!

gabrieloak said...

I sat through Journey's End just because Hugh Dancy was in it.

I wonder if there was any truth to the rumor that he made out with Michael Cunningham during the Evening filming?

Adam said...

"Evening" was pretty dreadful even with that baffling pedigree, but that scene itself and Dancy's role in general, are the one saving (sexy) grace.

Autism, astronomy and my stolen namesake do not seem the makings for a good film. But I'll see "Adam" if he happens to work toward a more important cause: Hugh Dancy lookin' hot.

steve said...

funny pic :D

sallyp said...

Hugh Dancy is definitely a hottie ! He was delicious in " Jane Austen Book Club" , "Elizabeth I. mini-series", and "Ella Enchanted". Dancy needs the right role to bring him critical & commercial success. Hugh has the looks, sex appeal , & talent.

I hope he does another movie with Anne Hathaway. They really clicked in "Enchated" , and their chemistry was extremely palpable . Hathaway is so charming that she has great chemistry with everyone.

P.S., Nathaniel how do feel about the P.T. Barnum musical starring Hugh Jackman & Annie Hathaway ?

Jim T said...

Nate, you that was wicked and I loved it! :p