Tuesday, January 25, 2005

the countdown is progressing

Things running through my mind as I have my coffee...
Paul Giamatti is going to get the snub instead of Johnny Depp in the volatile actor race. Damn
The old timers: Eastwood, Leachman, Garner, Rowlands, Carradine. Is it gonna go their way?
Surprise lurking in the only race that seems sewn up completely 5/5 -Best Actress. Is it Zhang Ziyi? It could be if Zhang Yimou for Director and the techs are there for House of Flying Daggers.
I don't know why I was so sure that Ray would make it. History is against the bio-pics on black celebrities...even the arguably good ones; Ali, What's Love Got to Do With It, The Hurricane.

...agh. so many possibilities. Let's up my anxiety with yet another cup a joe. Good plan.

3 comments:

Gustavo H.R. said...

My Goodness!

VERA DRAKE was well beloved. The tech nods are insane.

Anonymous said...

Well you were right about the Paul Giamatti/Johnny Depp switch.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Even if the people at E! screwed up, I'm sad Michael Giacchino didn't get the nod for Best score, the man does some of the most underrated work in both "Alias" and "Lost". Anyway Giuliana dePandi looked gorgeous and if she messes up it's the people behind the cameras who should be blamed.