Friday, July 29, 2005

My Weekly Panic

This is how silly I am: At some point every weekend I actually feel panicked about going to the movies. Sometimes it hits me full-tilt-boogie on Friday night. But it's usually a Saturday morning thing as I look over listings.

The panic follows this pattern.
1. the choice of which film ('which' is a minor drama / 'where' a momentary puzzle unless i'm planning on seeing multiple films in which case it becomes a minor drama)
2. guilt over not choosing movie b
3. sudden desire to return to step 1 due to the stack of Netflix titles above the TV

Silly me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go through this exact weekly routine: guilt and all.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I thought I was the only one for a little bit. Guess not. I'm in distress right now as to whether or not I'm going to see Saraband or Me and You and Everyone We Know this weekend (while Last Days and My Summer of Love linger around, patronizing me..).

Anonymous said...

Be thankful all of you actually, you know, see movies semi-often. The last one I saw was Batman Begins in early July.

However, I'm not really sure how many worthwhile movies are actually playing as of right now.