Thursday, July 28, 2005

Two Posts I Like

I tried to get at my frustration with 50% of the electorate in my post about Happy Endings today. Lately with the rising tide of homophobia, hate, religious extremism I've been really angry. It aint just the Nation of Islam folks...it's right here in your own backyards --at least in a tadpole-like version, soon to be a frog. I've been angry about the future (or lack thereof). I've been thinking of scary films. I don't want to be so angry. Sometimes I worry that the modern fundamentalist extremism we see all around us is making those who are afraid of it (including myself) into alternative fundamentalists. I hate thinking in blacks and whites. It's not healthy. The world is more complicated than that.

So this post on Badtux I liked. It reminds me that there is hope for some conservatives out there. Also this old post on Joe.My.God gets at what I'm talking about, too. It's not healthy to see so much hate that your own capacity to do so just keeps on growing in response...

I promise tomorrow that my posts will be more cheerful.