Friday, July 01, 2005

War of the Words

As many TFE readers know. I am not particularly fond of Mr. Spielberg. So, I bow to me pal Nick today as he goes on this articulate rampage. My birthday is over... but somehow I felt this was written just for me (note: it wasn't). So, er, happy belated me.

OscarWatch tells us that everyone loves War of the Worlds but I count at least three (Nick, L'Ebert, and David Poland) who don't --and I haven't even starting reading reviews. 'Everyone' minus several critics apparently.

4 comments:

NicksFlickPicks said...

Oh, it's always for you, Nathaniel. ;)

Thanks for the plug. Was feeling self-conscious about having gotten so worked up, etc.

Gustavo H.R. said...

"War of the Worlds" is a minor Spielberg, but even a minor Spielberg is always better than mediocre efforts such as "Lord of the Rings" or "Moulin Rouge".

Anonymous said...

...that was an extremely random jab at two 4 year old movies.

-Glenn

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»