Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Actual Conversation 11:24 PM --Regarding the New Christopher Guest Mockumentary "For Your Consideration" Which Will Lampoon the Oscar Race

Joe Reid: Can you even wait for For Your Consideration?
Nathaniel R: No. No to the N O. I am not sure I was even this excited for the Star Wars movies as a kid. it's like he's making this movie JUST. FOR. ME.
Joe: And they're adding Ricky Gervais! I'd be worried about too high expectations, but it's not like I didn't expect A Mighty Wind to be awesome either.
Nathaniel: I think this will be the greatest movie of all time.
Joe: Ever.
Nathaniel: Citizen Kane watch out.
Joe: Man, start blogging that kind of talk - you'll wind up on the poster
Nathaniel: I think i should post this right now on the blog. These last few sentences.
Joe: Do it
Nathaniel: Don't think I won't
Joe: Start laying the groundwork.
Nathaniel: must. become. blurb. whore.
Joe: include this: Christopher Guest, Parker Posey, Jennifer Coolidge, and Catherine O'Hara - call me!

6 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

I am so excited about this! I was slightly underwhelmed by A Mighty Wind after the brilliance of Best In Show (i eventually saw Waiting for Guffman and thought it was hilarious. Off Off Off Off Broadway. tee hee). But this one sounds great.

It'll be great to see the Oscar's lampooned in a funny and inteligent way and by talented people.

-Glenn

Glenn Dunks said...

whoa. That title is too long!

adam k. said...

This really does sound like the Best Movie Of All Time. How had I not heard of this earlier? When does it come out? I might have to just cryogenically freeze myself and come out when it's ready cause I don't think I'll be able to focus on anything else until then.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty much a dream coming true.

Yay!

Javier Aldabalde said...

"Best in Show" was like GOD. This is certainly going to be great, but greatest film of all-time? Are you crazy? That will be the tagline of "The Fountain"!

Anonymous said...

What a great site Panasonic ag-dvc7 agdvc7 minidv pro camcorder Accessible wheelchair rent van